Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, Day 41

WE MADE IT!



41 days, 3,000 plus miles = one completed trip.






We ended up riding 78 miles today until we hit the Atlantic - a good day on the bike with clear skies and warm temperatures.  We tried to keep our routine just like any other day in order not to be distracted and to keep our attention to the task at hand and traffic, but the count down was definately on our minds. 

There are so many people to thank that have made this trip possible - to give an example, here is a partial listing of people who helped us specifically today.  We woke up in a trailer donated by Barton Lake RV, pulled by a truck donated by Norm and Libby Cox, that was parked in a parking lot of a baptist church who let us stay there for free.  For breakfast, I ate homemade granola sent by Jim and Pat.  Before I got on my bike this morning I put on wrist braces bought with a gift card from Brian and Amy, and sunglasses donated by Kissel Family Optometry.  Then I hopped on my bike that was tuned up and fitted to me by Summit City Bicycle.  That is a bunch of people helping today just to the point when I got on my bike!  There are so many of you who have helped in so many ways - donating to ACRES, sending stuff along for the trip, chipping in on fuel costs, etc.  And of course a special thank you to our families and employers for allowing us the time to take this adventure.  Thank you so much to everyone. 
As we head home I'll compile some averages and other data, and will post a new blog tomorrow, along with adding in several other photos.  

As this adventure ends it makes me start dreaming about my next adventure.  How about you?  What's your next challenge for yourself - let us know so we can follow your journey.  I hope you've enjoyed following our bike trip - we've certainly appreciated knowing that so many people were following along.  Be sure to check back tomorrow night for more information.








7 Comments:

At April 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU MADE IT!! So thankful all three of you had a safe trip!! Congratulations!!! Love, Jay & Pam




















c

 
At April 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad you got done today and I love you daddy. I'm very excited that I'm going to see you tomorrow! Because I love you and I went to church today. Anna

I'm glad you got done on your bike. I liked the picture of you and Kevin holding your bikes. I can't wait to see you on Monday! My favorit picture of all is the picture of the gummy bear. I miss you. Love, Ben

I love you and can't wait to see you!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including us on your trek, it was much fun following along with you. Congrats on completing this fantastic journey!
Diana

 
At April 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, guys! I'm bursting with pride and so are a boatload of others.
When I told Aunt Mary that you didn't run into any bad weather she said that God had paved the way for you. Lots of prayers have gone up on your behalf.
Now get your buns home to the real world; it's time to take out the trash!
Love and miss you.........you know who!!!!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATS! got to go, and get back to work since your done now.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you both and so thankful it was a safe trip. I agree with Shane, the party's over, got to get back to the office and clean it up for your return, tee hee!
Angie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home